EXTENDED DEADLINE: 15 FEBRUARY 2008!
The Islam and Media Working Group of the International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR) invites submissions for the 2008 IAMCR Congress in Stockholm, Sweden, July 20-25, 2008.
Abstracts of no more than 500 words in MS WORD file should be sent to m-siddiqi [AT] wiu.edu latest by February 15, 2008. Please also provide your full name, title, position, institutional affiliation, phone number, fax number and email address. Notification of acceptance will be sent by March 31, 2008. Full paper will be due by June 15, 2008
Islam and Media Working Group provides a venue for researchers to explore various media related issues within an Islamic perspective. The general theme for the IAMCR Congress is "Media and Global Divides." Researchers are invited to submit proposals related to working group's sub theme for the conference: Digital Divides and Muslims: Challenges and Opportunities. Following are some of the topics that may be of special interest to the working group:
- Muslims and Islamic images on the Internet
- Impact of digitalization on communication policies in the Muslim world
- Digitalization and its impact on Islamic social, cultural, and family values
- Digital divides and the dialogue of civilizations
- Digital divides and ethical issues in media practices and policies
- Democratization and the digital divides
- Use of the Internet for enhancing Islamic understanding
- Digital divides and human rights
- Digital divides and understanding war, conflict, terrorism, and conflict resolution
- Religious radicalization and the Internet
Please note that each abstract may be presented in only one section or working group of the IAMCR conference.
Mohammad A. Siddiqi
Chair, Islam and Media Working Group
m-siddiqi [AT] wiu.edu
Download this document as a PDF file:
Stockholm 2008 - Islam and Media Working Group Call for Papers (17.49 KB)